Struggling today

I don't know what's the matter with me. At work today,  but just seeing this woman has got me shaking.  At least I'm off for 2 days after today.  Would have been mum's 90th birthday tomorrow.  That's part of it , I suppose . But I can't go on like this .

Parents
  • So sorry to hear this Tom. Hope you are soon at home with Daisy and able to take a breath. It's tough at work when there is stuff happening in your life outside. Anniversaries can have a huge impact. 

We've shared information about PTSD before and it is almost certainly relevant in this situation. Trouble is as we both know work often comes as a package with lovely service users and attack dogs. 

Remember how much the service users miss you when you are off. You are a good person doing a good job in difficult circumstances. 

You may well need to extract yourself from this situation at some point but try and take care of yourself in the process of doing so. My union rep is holding me back from my usual fight or flight response currently. My head says I can tough it out, but my heart says "never run back to what broke you". 

Take care. You are so supportive to people here, and it's horrible to see you suffering  like this. 

Do let the support people at work know how tough you are finding things if you feel able to. I am finally at the point where I can see the benefits of doing this. 

• So sorry to hear this Tom. Hope you are soon at home with Daisy and able to take a breath. It's tough at work when there is stuff happening in your life outside. Anniversaries can have a huge impact. 

We've shared information about PTSD before and it is almost certainly relevant in this situation. Trouble is as we both know work often comes as a package with lovely service users and attack dogs. 

Remember how much the service users miss you when you are off. You are a good person doing a good job in difficult circumstances. 

You may well need to extract yourself from this situation at some point but try and take care of yourself in the process of doing so. My union rep is holding me back from my usual fight or flight response currently. My head says I can tough it out, but my heart says "never run back to what broke you". 

Take care. You are so supportive to people here, and it's horrible to see you suffering  like this. 

Do let the support people at work know how tough you are finding things if you feel able to. I am finally at the point where I can see the benefits of doing this. 

Children
No Data