Do non Autistics intuitively "know" how to act and communicate?

I read on this website that "Other people appear to know, intuitively, how to communicate and interact with each other, but Autistics do not", but believe this statement to be completely untrue in so many ways.

I do not believe that there is any one way to interact and communicate and nor do i believe anyone, even non autistic could possibly be thought of as someone that "knows" how to act and communicate in every given situation.

I believe making wrong statements like this just causes confusion.

Would do you think?

Do you think there are people out there that just intuitively "know" how to act and communicate? In that case, what happens when they come across someone that has more experience and is more intelligent than them?

Parents
  • I read on this website that "Other people appear to know, intuitively, how to communicate and interact with each other, but Autistics do not", but believe this statement to be completely untrue in so many ways.

You have proved this point in a stunning fashion. Your communication and reasoning skills are stunningly bad. I'd imagine this is why you are trying to garner attention past midnight on a forum for Autistics. It must be terribly lonely.

I do not believe that there is any one way to interact and communicate and nor do i believe anyone, even non autistic could possibly be thought of as someone that "knows" how to act and communicate in every given situation.

Yes, this is called a subjective matter. Nuance. Your mother sure got communication wrong, when she decided not to fake her usual headache the night you were concieved. Sorry that was rude, I think, or maybe I don't know how to communicate.

I believe making wrong statements like this just causes confusion.

I don't agree with the statement you quote, it's a generalisation. It's also a generalisation to assume that every Autistic person holds this view or "neurotypical" person either.

Would do you think?

I think your mother should have taught you to spell.

Do you think there are people out there that just intuitively "know" how to act and communicate?

Nope, I don't. All people are different. Autistic and "neurotypical". It's a bit odd that you don't understand the way the world works.

In that case, what happens when they come across someone that has more experience and is more intelligent than them?

Anything could happen. Literally anything. Experience in what? Intelligence measured by what metric? I have a high IQ but I couldn't help making jokes about your mother.

I've got to ask why you are here. I find it hilarious. Had a few too many beers tonight? You are either trolling or seriously here to get us to answer questions about you, why don't you ask your mother, if she isn't busy entertaining Spanish sailors. Lol, sorry I couldn't help myself. I'm not going to feel bad about myself, I really don't give a *** what you think. I just don't get why people are taking you seriously.

• Sorry i do not understand your outburst nor what my Mother has to do with this.

If you re-read what i said in my OP, i was actually not saying the things you attribute to me.

Therefore everything else you said after that was completely wrong.

However you have gave me a very good insight in to something i did not expect to find, and unfortunately i was completely wrong earlier.

Now i apologise for upsetting you.

I am going to leave now, but please understand if i, as a neurotypical, was to speak to anyone the way you spoke to me i would be taken away with handcuffs on.

• you are a wind up merchant, nothing you have said has been kind or if any real value, now please do as you said. LEAVE, of coarse you now have a response you can have a little fight with so you won’t,,,will you? NO, 

• you are a wind up merchant, nothing you have said has been kind or if any real value, now please do as you said. LEAVE, of coarse you now have a response you can have a little fight with so you won’t,,,will you? NO, 

Children
No Data