Do non Autistics intuitively "know" how to act and communicate?

I read on this website that "Other people appear to know, intuitively, how to communicate and interact with each other, but Autistics do not", but believe this statement to be completely untrue in so many ways.

I do not believe that there is any one way to interact and communicate and nor do i believe anyone, even non autistic could possibly be thought of as someone that "knows" how to act and communicate in every given situation.

I believe making wrong statements like this just causes confusion.

Would do you think?

Do you think there are people out there that just intuitively "know" how to act and communicate? In that case, what happens when they come across someone that has more experience and is more intelligent than them?

Parents
  • It seems i have upset people on this forum.

I apologise for this and it was not my intention.

I will not bother anyone here again.

Sorry

• “It seems I have upset people on this forum.

I apologise for this and it was not my intention.”

So telling someone they are wrong despite them trying to help by giving advice that’s ok?

By disagreeing with anyone who at least tried to explain who we are and why we struggle, you just disregarded every word any attempt st giving you an insight to how we struggle in our daily routines. 

You are a being, your just not a very nice one, you still have not said why you need answers, are you just bored?

If you really want to understand about autism then please open your mind not your mouth.

Listen and hear our words before judging us, you have said you have difficulty in accepting us, you state psychiatric experts are wrong, what gives you the right to discount them?

Your a taxi driver, I am a ground worker, I can only tell you what I think, I do not take kindly to anyone telling me I have no right to exist, go pick up a fair and tell them you are now an expert on autism, and that they aren’t all non verbal hand flapping individuals, they can also out talk you, correct your spelling and grammar. Tell you to take a hike and basically look after our own. 

We are no better than everyone else maybe?

Oh to think how lucky we would be to be considered as vitriolic as the majority. Can I have a NT achievement badge?

I can adopt pretty much any type of character when I need to, right now I am being a defensive mean nasty neurotypical type, I work with many so have got it down to a fine art. Lol.

• “It seems I have upset people on this forum.

I apologise for this and it was not my intention.”

So telling someone they are wrong despite them trying to help by giving advice that’s ok?

By disagreeing with anyone who at least tried to explain who we are and why we struggle, you just disregarded every word any attempt st giving you an insight to how we struggle in our daily routines. 

You are a being, your just not a very nice one, you still have not said why you need answers, are you just bored?

If you really want to understand about autism then please open your mind not your mouth.

Listen and hear our words before judging us, you have said you have difficulty in accepting us, you state psychiatric experts are wrong, what gives you the right to discount them?

Your a taxi driver, I am a ground worker, I can only tell you what I think, I do not take kindly to anyone telling me I have no right to exist, go pick up a fair and tell them you are now an expert on autism, and that they aren’t all non verbal hand flapping individuals, they can also out talk you, correct your spelling and grammar. Tell you to take a hike and basically look after our own. 

We are no better than everyone else maybe?

Oh to think how lucky we would be to be considered as vitriolic as the majority. Can I have a NT achievement badge?

I can adopt pretty much any type of character when I need to, right now I am being a defensive mean nasty neurotypical type, I work with many so have got it down to a fine art. Lol.

Children
  • Hi all, Nithing to do with the original post. But I keep trying to see who has upvoted each post, I tried to see the two that voted my reply, for some reason I just cannot get the results, I inadvertently down voted myself, then up voted myself. Usually on my iPad touch screen tablet I press the centre +1 or in this case +3 and then when the little black box appears I touch that with another finger. Now it seems no amount of variation will allow me to get it to open up with the names that voted?

Any advice gladly received, 

it is nice when you get a vote up, especially if it is not a usual thing to recieve,

So here is the +3 vote.( the orange up arrow was because I voted myself up)

And here is the black box I then touch to reveal the voters list.

As I said it always worked before the updated new look.

take care all. Sleep well, () () ()

——————————————————————————

edited to add I now know how to get the voted list up. I just tap the centre figure, no more holding it down , so all good, 

to be honest it was not easy the other way, I had to first expand the page so the black box was big enough to hold and then tap,,,fat fingers Lol.

oh and thanks for the up votes,