How do you keep going?

(Sorry if this is a bit miserable, but I’m at a loss so I’m asking for your help). I have had significant mental health issues for the last 3 years, but over the past 6 months things have escalated following appalling ‘care’ from services. My GP is supportive but there is only so much she can do and everything I have tried (returning to work, new activities, meditation, making complaints about my care, self-help CBT, counselling etc.) has failed to improve the situation.

I have been assessed 3 times since March 2018 and each time I have been advised I require care from the Community Mental Health Team (“CMHT”), and I agree with that, but they refused to see me, blatantly lied to me and messed me around with constantly changing goalposts for 6 months, which has only made matters worse! Just what do I do now? I simply can’t carry on like this - it’s mental torture and I’ve had enough! I can honestly only see one way out, and at least it would leave one less patient for CMHT to abuse...

So, how do you keep going?

Parents Reply
  • You could at least go back and discuss medication and try a very small dosage to begin with. There are possibilities. 

If you don't try you won't know.

I am not for meds per se and for me it didn't do the trick (I couldn't even tolerate  baby dosage) BUT people are different and the upside with meds is that it does show you what you are like without.

Sounds strange, but it clarified lots of my own behaviourisms. 

Children