Living with the in laws

Im 31 and have just been diagnosed with aspergers and I’m living with the in laws(saving for a mortgage). I’ve made the mistake of telling them of my diagnosis, I was explains to the mother in law about my lack of compassion and that I don’t consiously feel love(but obviously do as I’m still with my wife, care about her and got help so I could try and better myself for her) to which she replied if she knew this before we go married she wouldn’t of aloud it. 

Well I told my wife straight after this happened, she text her dad who then got hold of the mom which resulted in everyone getting pissed off. 

We were supposed to have sat down that evening to talk about it(of which I was dreading as you can prob understand) it never happened. 

So I text mothe in law the next day to ask if we could just forget about as it was too much on an already full plate for my wife and to just be civil. 

Well 3 days later, no one is speaking to each other, my insecurities are going haywire and I feel as isolated as ever, I haven’t felt like this since I went to do my gcse’s In a year of 500+ people of which not one spoke to or aknoleged me!

Anyway I just wanted to vent and any advice would be appreciated or just someone to talk to, to know I’m not alone would be very helpful. And if someone could by me a house that would help to lol. 

Parents
  • Why is it that whenever you tell people about your diagnosis it totally backfires on you? :-(

I stopped telling people anything. 

• I’ve realised some people are open to it, even if they don’t understand they are willing to learn. Then other are just ignorant and insensitive ie mother in law lol

• Because I’ve had so much wrong with me since I was born with two hole in the heart and other problems later on  none of my family want to know,every time I’ve seen my mother we’ve always end up arguing she asks the question is everything okay I tell her what’s been going on and she just well not laugh but more of a snigger,that gets me wound up even more,then she goes on to say about have you seen brother or sister and I say no,and I say they don’t come and see me and they only live round the corner,she says oh but they’ve got to work in morning and I say well so do I then she shuts up and walks out of house,so I’ve said I don’t want to know them anymore because she always takes their side.I feel beater off without family.

• Because I’ve had so much wrong with me since I was born with two hole in the heart and other problems later on  none of my family want to know,every time I’ve seen my mother we’ve always end up arguing she asks the question is everything okay I tell her what’s been going on and she just well not laugh but more of a snigger,that gets me wound up even more,then she goes on to say about have you seen brother or sister and I say no,and I say they don’t come and see me and they only live round the corner,she says oh but they’ve got to work in morning and I say well so do I then she shuts up and walks out of house,so I’ve said I don’t want to know them anymore because she always takes their side.I feel beater off without family.

Children