Aspergers ADHD and PMT/PMS

Hi, this is my first post so take it easy with me.

Im a young hyperactive female and get very irregular periods, my G.P has put me on the pill to help see if it will help to regulate my periods and also with the crazy hormones.

I get PMS or whatever you want to call it so bad, it’s like I first get really really tired and angry and way way to irrational about things and everything and eventually I get quite suicidal and self harm and just have this strange and immense feeling of sadness and doom. Does anyone else get into this kind of state..

I’m nearly 30years old and I feel like somehow I’m getting too old to be behaving like this, I’ve never had proper friends but in the last few years I’ve made great ones but they somehow don’t understand my autism and my anger and irrational behaviour. I don’t understand it either. And as my periods are so irregular it’s very hard to know what is going on when it happens, when I get so so angry about everything and very upset. The G.P said that a healthy diet, sleep and exercise helps but I’m very fit and healthy and it don’t help.

Im single and happy and never want kids I just want this crazy behaviour to stop or at least be tolerable and more understandable.

Enw

Parents
  • I can see you posted this a while ago but take comfort in the fact your not alone, I also have Aspergers and adhd and suffer from everything you have spoken about, I will say the pill has helped a lot, I take loestrin20, so it’s a very low does, apparently your more likely to get depression on this does but I actually think the lower hormones calm down my sort of mind, doctors aren’t always helpful because they look at your behaviours and don’t associate it with someone with pmdd or mental health issues as the symptoms manifest themselves differently in us neurodiverse people, but I think If you tell them he serverity of your symptoms they will put you either in the pill or and anti depressant, anti depressants unfortunately made me manic and have bad nausea but Iv heard they’ve helped other aspies, hope this helps, sorry you’ve had to of been dealing with this for so long, I’m 21 and been suffering for only 4years 

• Hi, thanks for the reply. Helpful.

iv had a period 2months ago and again the pms was very bad, I kept a very detailed diary as best as I could and was very honest with my gp. She is always helpful , just I’m always afraid of telling her about the self harm and suicide stuff in case she sends me to the psychiatrist who then will keep me in the psychiatric unit and I hate being locked up. But this time she listened and didn’t freak out, instead referred me to a gynaecologist. There is 6months of wait but I’m good to wait. Gp suggested I either try the coil or go all the way and have a hysterectomy. I guess all that’s left for me to do is wait. Keep you posted. Thanks for the help.

• Hi, thanks for the reply. Helpful.

iv had a period 2months ago and again the pms was very bad, I kept a very detailed diary as best as I could and was very honest with my gp. She is always helpful , just I’m always afraid of telling her about the self harm and suicide stuff in case she sends me to the psychiatrist who then will keep me in the psychiatric unit and I hate being locked up. But this time she listened and didn’t freak out, instead referred me to a gynaecologist. There is 6months of wait but I’m good to wait. Gp suggested I either try the coil or go all the way and have a hysterectomy. I guess all that’s left for me to do is wait. Keep you posted. Thanks for the help.

Children
  • When I was going though the perimenopause and menopause I had massive problems in terms of mood, and the amount and frequency of bleeding. The attention paid to such debilitating symptoms reflected a lack of interest in, and awareness of, what are often dismissed as 'women's problems'.

When I reached a point of utter despair one GP said she had an easy solution: "time travel, you just need to fast forward in time to when it is all over". I felt devastated. For a moment I thought there really was some hope. Various medications were tried and I had a coil fitted but it wasn't done properly and had to be taken out two days later. I declined to let the doctor "have another go".

Eventually I came through it. In my case it went on for over 10 years. When you are in the middle of it no one seems to be able to tell you when it is going to end. Had I known how long it would last I would have insisted on seeing a consultant. The NHS had a really annoying video of a smug middle class woman so busy horse riding that she "hardly noticed the menopause". Watching this made me even more angry! 

I am so glad your GP is providing the kind of support you want. It is really good that you were brave enough to be honest with her. Do hope everything goes well. With the right treatment the menopause does not have to be a nightmare. I'm enjoying being on the other side of it now.