Mild diarrhea

I have been experiencing mild diarrhea for the past month, do I need to worry?

Parents
  • As other people have said it may be IBS or some other bowel problem. Coeliac's runs in my family as does Autism. I was actually asked quite in depth about it in my diagnosis appointment. Family history and the like.

https://www.autismspeaks.org/what-autism/treatment/treatment-associated-medical-conditions/gi-disorders

There's a link that sheds some more light on the links observed.

diet plays a part as does stress and anxiety.

A lot of us on the spectrum have particular dietary routines that can be a cause. DC's dietary example is perfect. I eat lots of pickled food which isn't ideal! Also anxiety is a major issue. There was a thread when I first joined where this was discussed but I can't find it. Lol, so I'll have to give you my experience again! I had bowel problems for years, I was going at least 5 times a day on a usual day. I've tried to cut down on the pickles and I'm being treated for my anxiety. I go twice a day now, which is much better!

The best person to consult over such matters if you have worries is your doctor.

Reliably sensible and straight to the point as always Trainspotter!

• As other people have said it may be IBS or some other bowel problem. Coeliac's runs in my family as does Autism. I was actually asked quite in depth about it in my diagnosis appointment. Family history and the like.

https://www.autismspeaks.org/what-autism/treatment/treatment-associated-medical-conditions/gi-disorders

There's a link that sheds some more light on the links observed.

diet plays a part as does stress and anxiety.

A lot of us on the spectrum have particular dietary routines that can be a cause. DC's dietary example is perfect. I eat lots of pickled food which isn't ideal! Also anxiety is a major issue. There was a thread when I first joined where this was discussed but I can't find it. Lol, so I'll have to give you my experience again! I had bowel problems for years, I was going at least 5 times a day on a usual day. I've tried to cut down on the pickles and I'm being treated for my anxiety. I go twice a day now, which is much better!

The best person to consult over such matters if you have worries is your doctor.

Reliably sensible and straight to the point as always Trainspotter!

Children
No Data