About the "How are you?" question

What do you think about the "How are you?" question?

I, personally, do not like this question and I have never liked it.

I do not know what to answer.

Also, a lot of the time, I think it is expected just to give a positive answer, but I often feel awful to say "Fine!" simply to be polite if I am not fine. 

Parents

• What do you think about the "How are you?" question?

Sometimes I say my parents met and either the rest is history, or so here I am, as often as possible, or with enough detail to deter further enquires of that nature.

And when people ask me if I am 'all-right' ~ I say I am half left but more in-between, or if not I would topple over! ;-)

Another deterrent for most is that I say I am one sixth right, left, up, down, front and back or even in sevenths and eighths I am the the centre-point. 

• What do you think about the "How are you?" question?

Sometimes I say my parents met and either the rest is history, or so here I am, as often as possible, or with enough detail to deter further enquires of that nature.

And when people ask me if I am 'all-right' ~ I say I am half left but more in-between, or if not I would topple over! ;-)

Another deterrent for most is that I say I am one sixth right, left, up, down, front and back or even in sevenths and eighths I am the the centre-point. 

Children