Background noises and NT

Ok firstly I was told people with aspergers call people neurotypicals NT .It's weird that now I have a diagnosis after 35 years now I am one of them people. Hope that doesn't sound rude.

Ok how are you all for background noises .can you filter themout.i find this hard.at the moment.i can hear the fridge .the wind.the leaves blowing on trees.theres a birds nest in the attic.i can hear them.i can hear my breathing.

Parents
  • I'm not ASD (here because my SD16 has a diagnosis) but I've got auditory processing issues related to DCD.

I find discerning speech in noisy environments (wind, city streets, crowds) very difficult. My SO is sensitive to this and knows to work with me by making sure I can watch him speaking - I'm not lip reading but it kind of is.

I also know I can tune down my noise sensitivity by getting tactile input, so my noise filtering is much better after swimming for example.

• I'm not ASD (here because my SD16 has a diagnosis) but I've got auditory processing issues related to DCD.

I find discerning speech in noisy environments (wind, city streets, crowds) very difficult. My SO is sensitive to this and knows to work with me by making sure I can watch him speaking - I'm not lip reading but it kind of is.

I also know I can tune down my noise sensitivity by getting tactile input, so my noise filtering is much better after swimming for example.

Children
No Data