Decision making

How do you make a decision?

It seems like a simple question, but I have spent my entire life not knowing how.

If I am asked "what would you like to do today?" I always respond with "I don't mind."

This has caused people to get annoyed with me at times as they always seem to decide for me and I get frustrated at nott being able to make a choice.

It is like my brain becomes a fog of possibilities, both realistic and ridiculous, and I find it almost impossible to focus on any one of them.

It is especially difficult if I have to make a decision when I am on my own and have no one to bounce an idea off as I will over analyse to the point that I end up either doing nothing or making a poor decision because I have talked myself out of the sensible choice. Sometimes I am even aware that I might be making a mistake but carry on regardless, as it feels almost like a compulsion.

So, does anyone have any useful strategies to help them make decisions and to make the "what would you like to do?" question not feel like it has no answer.

Parents
  • A helpful approach in the decision-making process is to break down the decision into smaller, more manageable steps. Instead of looking at the big picture, focus on the immediate choices or actions you can take. This can help reduce the overwhelming feeling and make the decision-making process less daunting.

• A helpful approach in the decision-making process is to break down the decision into smaller, more manageable steps. Instead of looking at the big picture, focus on the immediate choices or actions you can take. This can help reduce the overwhelming feeling and make the decision-making process less daunting.

Children
No Data