Managing Shutdowns

Shutdowns are part of life. There are multiple root causes for a shutdown, including the result of sensory overload, physical and mental exhaustion, unexpected news, anxiety about an upcoming event, and upheaval in our schedule. Sometimes it comes in combination; other times it comes down to simply being “on” for so long, that we have no choice but to turn “off.”

Are you always aware that you are about to go into "shutdown"?

What strategies to you use to help recover from them?

How do you "resurface"

How do you describe what they are to others and try to manage their occurrence? 

Parents
  • This was exactly my thought when I found artists posting their work on social media, I thought quite literally **** this, my work has as much right to be in the world as everyone else's.  So I started drawing and posting my abstract 'brainscapes' and they got seen, I even sold a few to America  and Australia and I thought I could handle it.  But it turns out that communication is key, people messaged me asking for more work or if they could buy this or that but by this time I was overloaded and just didn't answer them.  Epic fail and cue the search for what the hell was/is going on.

Nothing like self-sabotage, I have nearly ten thousand followers and it turns out I hate being in a spotlight so ab unable to sell stuff without being a gibbering wreck.  I need an agent of some kind but my confidence deserts me at the thought of approaching galleries.  Apologies if this is repetitive (just like my life)!  I have a distant sense of optimism that I will find a way forward and that is progress.

• I would love  to see some of your art...if you ever feel brave enough to share....this is when you need someone to step in and be your voice....when dealing with your fans! 

we all have our limits, our strengths and challenges.....we are all awesome...just not at everything....show me someone who is.....dare you! ;) 

• I would love  to see some of your art...if you ever feel brave enough to share....this is when you need someone to step in and be your voice....when dealing with your fans! 

we all have our limits, our strengths and challenges.....we are all awesome...just not at everything....show me someone who is.....dare you! ;) 

Children
No Data