Violence linked to Aspergers?

What are people's views on violence being linked to Aspergers?
I found this story on the provided link:-

http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/0886260508322195

Parents
  • Hi Robert123, I suppose it depends on which area of data analysis you work in, or rather which areas you consider to be 'Real Statistics'.

My original degree is in Computer Science, but I got lured into London's sordid world of 'Direct Marketing' by an offer of much more money. Previously I had been doing 'Systems Programming' which wasnt that well paid. Since quite a lot of raw client marketing data is almost unusable due to poor standards, I was hired by an agency to evaluate data quality & then write bespoke software to clean & enhance it for the statisticians as their time can be quite expensive.

I had done some statistics in my degree, but over the years I picked up quite a lot from working along side the full time statisticians, especially being able to tell when data was too biased or incomplete to work with. I also developed software to perform some automated statistical analysis based on formulae specified by my colleagues.

I wouldn't exactly recommend 'Direct Marketing' (or 'Junk Mail' to be honest) as a great career choice, but it can be very lucrative for qualified statisticians who don't mind lowering their career standards a bit. I'm back up North & out of touch with it now, but still know some statisticians who have done very well for themselves purely within that industry.

Not such a great choice for programmers though & in retrospect my career would have been much more stable had I not followed the money, but such is life!

Have fun

• Hi Robert123, I suppose it depends on which area of data analysis you work in, or rather which areas you consider to be 'Real Statistics'.

My original degree is in Computer Science, but I got lured into London's sordid world of 'Direct Marketing' by an offer of much more money. Previously I had been doing 'Systems Programming' which wasnt that well paid. Since quite a lot of raw client marketing data is almost unusable due to poor standards, I was hired by an agency to evaluate data quality & then write bespoke software to clean & enhance it for the statisticians as their time can be quite expensive.

I had done some statistics in my degree, but over the years I picked up quite a lot from working along side the full time statisticians, especially being able to tell when data was too biased or incomplete to work with. I also developed software to perform some automated statistical analysis based on formulae specified by my colleagues.

I wouldn't exactly recommend 'Direct Marketing' (or 'Junk Mail' to be honest) as a great career choice, but it can be very lucrative for qualified statisticians who don't mind lowering their career standards a bit. I'm back up North & out of touch with it now, but still know some statisticians who have done very well for themselves purely within that industry.

Not such a great choice for programmers though & in retrospect my career would have been much more stable had I not followed the money, but such is life!

Have fun

Children
No Data