Adult regression

Has anyone experienced a spouse having severe ASD regression?

Parents
  • We need support and unfortunately as adults that becomes less and less. That goes for everyone irrespective of if you have a disability or not IMO. Family members might start passing on for example. Or moving away for whatever reason. Money is not ploughed into adult social services like it is for children's... and frankly even for children in some areas of the country, its still not 'good' even for that age group. I consider myself to be from a neglected part of the country in that respect. 

But fundamentally it's extremely important to have a support network to sort of keep us on the straight road and to have a safety net that that start us from swerving off the track entirely. Once that happens it's already too late to avoid more serious consequences like depression and regression. It's always possible to recover but it's a lot harder and it's not certain by any means that complete recovery is totally possible. Mental health is like a black hole I think we sink deeper into. The deeper you go the bigger the pull and the harder it will be to get out of it. I guess this is quite depressing of me to say but that's how I feel. There are no easy answers. I can say I totally relate to this situation though and it's horrible.

• I.can’t believe I totally missed this out my whole life I’ve been diagnosed a few weeks maybe I’m 36 it was a lot or traumatic events over a long l period that done it trying to hide to everyone that I was ok but I wasn’t 

• I.can’t believe I totally missed this out my whole life I’ve been diagnosed a few weeks maybe I’m 36 it was a lot or traumatic events over a long l period that done it trying to hide to everyone that I was ok but I wasn’t 

Children
No Data