Really struggling with cleaning/ household tasks

I have just had a diagnosis of apsergers (with a fair amount of adhd traits too) at 38. I have a long history of depression and anxety. I am struggling most with executive functioning and it is the adhd traits that seem to be causing my the most problems at the moment. I have struggled for so long with keeping my house clean and uncluttered. My house is full of clutter and I am a huge procrastinator, have very low motivation and even if I do actually manage to do some housework I get distracted or can't seem to  do it for long. I get over whelmed by everything that needs to be done but also seem to have an issue with just doing a little bit at a time. 

I have been criticised by my husband and my parents for so long as they just couldn't understand why I found it all so difficult. I wish I could employ a cleaner and someone to help me organise things but I don't have the money. 

Any adivce woulde be much appreciated. I was only diagnosed last week and am still getting my head around it all. 

Parents
  • been criticised

they shouldn't be doing that

it eventually leads to feeling resentful, and then you start ghosting them

Could it be burnout? I've just recovered from one, and when it hit me I couldn't do anything, except going from bed to the toilet for 2 months, and eating what I found in a kitchen

you have ADHD as well, mine gets out of control at higher temperatures, basically over 25 degree C I can't focus on anything, ADHD keeps distracting me finding other things to focus on

so they shouldn't critise you, they should up their sleeves and do it for you for as long as it is neccessary for you to recover, otherwise you just prolong burnout

• been criticised

they shouldn't be doing that

it eventually leads to feeling resentful, and then you start ghosting them

Could it be burnout? I've just recovered from one, and when it hit me I couldn't do anything, except going from bed to the toilet for 2 months, and eating what I found in a kitchen

you have ADHD as well, mine gets out of control at higher temperatures, basically over 25 degree C I can't focus on anything, ADHD keeps distracting me finding other things to focus on

so they shouldn't critise you, they should up their sleeves and do it for you for as long as it is neccessary for you to recover, otherwise you just prolong burnout

Children
No Data