Habits (for people with living with aspergers)

I know that repetitive behaviour comes into living with AS. We have habits that everybody with AS may call unusual. I think they are anyway.

Anyway i made this thread so people with AS could talk about what kind of unusual habits they may have.

Mine include twisting things in sight such as straps on a bag, playing with things in sight such as a mat (what you will put a cup on, or plate) and chewing things in sight (such as the metal on a key ring)

What kind of unusual habits do you people on AS have?

Parents
  • Well, the most obvious one is that I play with Rubik's Cubes.  I've become obsessed with them, and don't leave the house with at least the 3x3x3 and 4x4x4 in my bag.  They are basically the thing that stops me doing odd things with my hands, such as:

• "clapping" my fingers into my palms repeatedly, either in sync, or alternating.
    • tapping my thumb with the fingers on the same hand, going back and forth from  index to little finger.
    • find a cold wet tea towel, and stroke the backs of my fingernails across it.  Has to be a thin plain cotten towel.

Another thing I do, mostly when I'm trying to focus on something, is I hum ridiculously low notes, like I'm the bassline of some 90's drum & bass tune.  I'm a bass singer, but I been told that my bottom range is very rare (particularly as I'm a small guy - only 5'7"!).  I haven't really stopped to consider what other people think about this until I was writing here on this forum.   

• Well, the most obvious one is that I play with Rubik's Cubes.  I've become obsessed with them, and don't leave the house with at least the 3x3x3 and 4x4x4 in my bag.  They are basically the thing that stops me doing odd things with my hands, such as:

• "clapping" my fingers into my palms repeatedly, either in sync, or alternating.
    • tapping my thumb with the fingers on the same hand, going back and forth from  index to little finger.
    • find a cold wet tea towel, and stroke the backs of my fingernails across it.  Has to be a thin plain cotten towel.

Another thing I do, mostly when I'm trying to focus on something, is I hum ridiculously low notes, like I'm the bassline of some 90's drum & bass tune.  I'm a bass singer, but I been told that my bottom range is very rare (particularly as I'm a small guy - only 5'7"!).  I haven't really stopped to consider what other people think about this until I was writing here on this forum.   

Children
No Data