Habits (for people with living with aspergers)

I know that repetitive behaviour comes into living with AS. We have habits that everybody with AS may call unusual. I think they are anyway.

Anyway i made this thread so people with AS could talk about what kind of unusual habits they may have.

Mine include twisting things in sight such as straps on a bag, playing with things in sight such as a mat (what you will put a cup on, or plate) and chewing things in sight (such as the metal on a key ring)

What kind of unusual habits do you people on AS have?

Parents
  • How long a list do you want?  LOL!!! Money Mouth  I probably have more than I'd care to list!  But here's some...

• Stimming - rocking back aand forth, twisting my neck and head side to side in a kind of figure of 8 style, rocking my head forward and back, biting my fingernails, picking my nose ('orrble, I know), etc. 
    • Talking my thoughts out loud rather than keeping them in my head.
    • Buying at least two of something that I really really want, in case one gets broken or there is something I don't like about one of them.  Expensive habit!
    • Hatred of wearing a tie; I keep my top button undone on shirts and do not wear a tie; I think this relates to my head and neck stimming.
    • Keeping checking things over and over, for reassurance. 
    • Feeling paranoid that if I do something in a particular way, then something bad might happen; this is usually something trivial, like worrying whether I should eat a Kit-Kat first before I eat an apple (the world will not end regardless which I eat first!)
    • Avoiding eye contact when stressed and upset. 

...A few examples from me

• How long a list do you want?  LOL!!! Money Mouth  I probably have more than I'd care to list!  But here's some...

• Stimming - rocking back aand forth, twisting my neck and head side to side in a kind of figure of 8 style, rocking my head forward and back, biting my fingernails, picking my nose ('orrble, I know), etc. 
    • Talking my thoughts out loud rather than keeping them in my head.
    • Buying at least two of something that I really really want, in case one gets broken or there is something I don't like about one of them.  Expensive habit!
    • Hatred of wearing a tie; I keep my top button undone on shirts and do not wear a tie; I think this relates to my head and neck stimming.
    • Keeping checking things over and over, for reassurance. 
    • Feeling paranoid that if I do something in a particular way, then something bad might happen; this is usually something trivial, like worrying whether I should eat a Kit-Kat first before I eat an apple (the world will not end regardless which I eat first!)
    • Avoiding eye contact when stressed and upset. 

...A few examples from me

Children
No Data