Intense eye contact

Hi. I work with an adult who has aspergers, as his support worker at HE college. We get along very well and i have worked with other ASD students in the past, but i've never known the amount of eye contact he gives me, in any of my past students. He really looks deep into my eyes when he is talking to me and never breaks it when i talk back to him. He also frequently looks at my mouth and then back up to my eyes when im talking back to him. He totally zoned in on my mouth the other day amd parted his lips whilst doing so. If i didn't know any better....well, you know where i'm going with my thoughts on this. I know ive gone into facial cues / body language descriptions in detsil, but i do need some answers re this. We are both adults, but does all this mean he has a crush on me? Id like some answers if anyone has any.

Thanks

Parents
  • Hi and thankyou to both of you for your comments. I haven't got Aspergers and so your replies are both valuable to me. I wouldnt and couldnt enter a relationship with him due to work regulations,  but i did need some guidance re the signals he is giving off. He has mentioned that he doesnt like being touched by people and he likes his space, yet there has been times when he has got close to me when going through some work. I suppose really im asking with all these signals is it a case of, do you think, that he has a good amount of trust in me? Does he feel comfortable around me? Im asking this bc given how he is i do feel that this is something i can be proud of, that he does feel 'relaxed'.

Thanks

• Hi and thankyou to both of you for your comments. I haven't got Aspergers and so your replies are both valuable to me. I wouldnt and couldnt enter a relationship with him due to work regulations,  but i did need some guidance re the signals he is giving off. He has mentioned that he doesnt like being touched by people and he likes his space, yet there has been times when he has got close to me when going through some work. I suppose really im asking with all these signals is it a case of, do you think, that he has a good amount of trust in me? Does he feel comfortable around me? Im asking this bc given how he is i do feel that this is something i can be proud of, that he does feel 'relaxed'.

Thanks

Children
No Data