where would I start discussion about having a partner with Aspergers?

I am not his parent or carer yet I know there must be many of us who think we are married or in a relationship with someone who is on the spectrum.

Parents
  • If I can delicately pick up on this issue, it probably originates from text book diagnostics about aspergers etc. We do have a sense of humour (albeit a bit more original!), we do have feelings and concerns towards others (and often make good carers), and while we may be pre-occupied with the stresses of life its not that we are actually self centred. But people reading text books on aspergers and HF autism are led to believe that because of the clinical wording. Hopefully this forum will help people see the real persons behind the diagnoses.

• If I can delicately pick up on this issue, it probably originates from text book diagnostics about aspergers etc. We do have a sense of humour (albeit a bit more original!), we do have feelings and concerns towards others (and often make good carers), and while we may be pre-occupied with the stresses of life its not that we are actually self centred. But people reading text books on aspergers and HF autism are led to believe that because of the clinical wording. Hopefully this forum will help people see the real persons behind the diagnoses.

Children
No Data