Protecting Yourself From Meltdown

Hi everyone,

If you are ever in a situation that can trigger a meltdown, do you always try to remove yourself from the triggering situation, or do you try to tough it out? I am in a situation where there is a lot of audible stimuli that I can't cope with very well but I am trying to tough it out because I don't wish to be hurtful towards the people who are causing the disturbances that trigger a meltdown in me. Is this the right thing to do, or should I always try to remove myself from the situation to protect my own sanity? I would be very grateful for any advice.

Paddy

Parents
  • That's very good advice, thank you. I will try a few variations of natural and other kinds of sounds, and see which work best for me. I downloaded a MP3 of a babbling brook last night, but, to be honest, after a while it just annoyed me. Perhaps a sound like a ticking clock would be better for me. Thanks again.

• That's very good advice, thank you. I will try a few variations of natural and other kinds of sounds, and see which work best for me. I downloaded a MP3 of a babbling brook last night, but, to be honest, after a while it just annoyed me. Perhaps a sound like a ticking clock would be better for me. Thanks again.

Children
No Data