Almost had a meldown today...

It's been a while since I have had a true meltdown but today I came really close.  The matter at hand is that my father who is also ill with heart problems is asking me to do more for him.  What he does not understand is that I am doing for him right now is pretty much everything I am capable of doing outside of my daily routine and that the stuff I do for him is actually quite important like sorting out his finances.

But him and my family keep asking me for more, they claim they are doing it to push me into getting better but I truly believe they just think that I am not autistic or they know it and just don't care.  Why is it that when I try to explain to family, especially to my father that they simply never understand.  I tell them and yet by the next day they will be complaining that I do not do something.

I have been trying so hard to do better but then I have never been good at hiding the autism that I have.  Why is it never good enough for people, I simply don't understand.  Has anyone else had this problem?

Parents
  • I know what you mean about having to tiptoe around family, I do find it hard but I try to restrain myself from saying anything that might upset people simply because I just do not want to have to deal with the situation that arises from me telling people the truth whom I know cannot handle said truth, especially in the brutal way I would tend to put it.

I once again would like to thank you for your kind words and advice. I know it's wierd but knowing that someone else with (AS) has had the same problems as me and is been able to work through it is a comfort to me as it gives me hope that maybe I will be able to work out how to cope with the situation.

• I know what you mean about having to tiptoe around family, I do find it hard but I try to restrain myself from saying anything that might upset people simply because I just do not want to have to deal with the situation that arises from me telling people the truth whom I know cannot handle said truth, especially in the brutal way I would tend to put it.

I once again would like to thank you for your kind words and advice. I know it's wierd but knowing that someone else with (AS) has had the same problems as me and is been able to work through it is a comfort to me as it gives me hope that maybe I will be able to work out how to cope with the situation.

Children
No Data