Can you have Asperger's without a 'special interest'?

When I was diagnosed I was told that I had either high functioning autism or Asperger's. The official letter I received stated that my diagnosis was Asperger's. I don't have a special interest that I obsess over though. Well not that I can think of. Do you have to have one if you have Asperger's? Thanks

Parents
  • I wasn't diagnosed with Asperger's but Autism (2/3rds) and don't have special interests.

They included that into the assessments and I didn't come out with anything and apparently if have a special interest that you will talk about it no matter how shy or something.  I actually didn't volunteer - not through any deliberateness just the question didn't trigger revealing that information I think, all my habits as such and only afterwards I am perhaps thinking may be the one thing is down to autism. I have done this from a very young age and I guess the nearest I can publically say it is the strimming is that what it called?

In the follow up that I had I was surpised to learn that a person doesn't have to have the special interest/hobby for very long. They can change what it is. But I still dont think i have a special interest/hobby in those terms.

• I wasn't diagnosed with Asperger's but Autism (2/3rds) and don't have special interests.

They included that into the assessments and I didn't come out with anything and apparently if have a special interest that you will talk about it no matter how shy or something.  I actually didn't volunteer - not through any deliberateness just the question didn't trigger revealing that information I think, all my habits as such and only afterwards I am perhaps thinking may be the one thing is down to autism. I have done this from a very young age and I guess the nearest I can publically say it is the strimming is that what it called?

In the follow up that I had I was surpised to learn that a person doesn't have to have the special interest/hobby for very long. They can change what it is. But I still dont think i have a special interest/hobby in those terms.

Children
No Data