Adult Meltdowns

does any other adults have meltdowns? I had one the other day when i was out during it everything but my dad was blurred i was just screaming and shouting stuff i cant remember now, 

after that i cried for a good amount of time i couldnt control any of it had to let it happen until it was over

im guessing this is a case of a meltdown

Parents
  • Yeah, I have meltdowns quite often (like today), when I get stressed (and sometimes just for no real reason...) which generally involve throwing things, punching inanimate objects, slapping myself in the head or hitting my head against things, crying hysterically, growling or (trying not to) scream.... Used to think these were panic attacks but they didn't seem to match up to the actual panic attacks I have had, which tends to feel more like a physical illness in its main throes than uncontrollable emotions

Also I have a pair of inflatable boxing gloves which are super satisfying to hit things with, so I guess that's a form of coping mechanism.... :L

• Yeah, I have meltdowns quite often (like today), when I get stressed (and sometimes just for no real reason...) which generally involve throwing things, punching inanimate objects, slapping myself in the head or hitting my head against things, crying hysterically, growling or (trying not to) scream.... Used to think these were panic attacks but they didn't seem to match up to the actual panic attacks I have had, which tends to feel more like a physical illness in its main throes than uncontrollable emotions

Also I have a pair of inflatable boxing gloves which are super satisfying to hit things with, so I guess that's a form of coping mechanism.... :L

Children
No Data