Adult Meltdowns

does any other adults have meltdowns? I had one the other day when i was out during it everything but my dad was blurred i was just screaming and shouting stuff i cant remember now, 

after that i cried for a good amount of time i couldnt control any of it had to let it happen until it was over

im guessing this is a case of a meltdown

Parents
  • Yeah, I've experienced a lot of meltdowns, especially over the past year or so: too many problems to deal with, and particularly those caused by people who are supposed to be helping, such as various medical departments, the DWP and so on; I'm sure plenty of other people have experiences of the organisations in question and realise just how obstructive and often downright nasty they can be.  Add that on to a bunch of other long-standing problems such as depression, panic disorder and so on and the results can be messy.

In my case it's been both terribly embarrassing and also quite dangerous, having caused myself harm of varying severity and intended to do so with greater severity.  I've been picked up by the police on a number of those occasions (who with just a couple of exceptions have actually all been really nice and understanding) who've typically taken me to hospital under Section 136 given the seriousness of their concerns just to have me kept waiting a few hours, hastily assessed and sent straight back home with no help (other than "self-refer", in other words "go and bother someone else, we're not interested and there's nothing you can do about it.")  Even the police have pretty much given up with them now and just stay with me until it burns itself out.

It seems the best coping strategy is to not put myself in a situation that causes meltdowns, though life as a hermit is rather unfulfilling; and it's not always possible when there are situations which must be dealt with, e.g. health, DWP bullying etc.  Hopefully at some point, although these problems won't suddenly all just go away, I may find that I'm being assailed on few enough fronts that I can cope with some degree of dignity.

Edit: having re-read this post, I'm not entirely convinced about the merits of quite so much detail.  Still, being sensible was never a strong point of mine.

• Yeah, I've experienced a lot of meltdowns, especially over the past year or so: too many problems to deal with, and particularly those caused by people who are supposed to be helping, such as various medical departments, the DWP and so on; I'm sure plenty of other people have experiences of the organisations in question and realise just how obstructive and often downright nasty they can be.  Add that on to a bunch of other long-standing problems such as depression, panic disorder and so on and the results can be messy.

In my case it's been both terribly embarrassing and also quite dangerous, having caused myself harm of varying severity and intended to do so with greater severity.  I've been picked up by the police on a number of those occasions (who with just a couple of exceptions have actually all been really nice and understanding) who've typically taken me to hospital under Section 136 given the seriousness of their concerns just to have me kept waiting a few hours, hastily assessed and sent straight back home with no help (other than "self-refer", in other words "go and bother someone else, we're not interested and there's nothing you can do about it.")  Even the police have pretty much given up with them now and just stay with me until it burns itself out.

It seems the best coping strategy is to not put myself in a situation that causes meltdowns, though life as a hermit is rather unfulfilling; and it's not always possible when there are situations which must be dealt with, e.g. health, DWP bullying etc.  Hopefully at some point, although these problems won't suddenly all just go away, I may find that I'm being assailed on few enough fronts that I can cope with some degree of dignity.

Edit: having re-read this post, I'm not entirely convinced about the merits of quite so much detail.  Still, being sensible was never a strong point of mine.

Children
No Data