Adult Meltdowns

does any other adults have meltdowns? I had one the other day when i was out during it everything but my dad was blurred i was just screaming and shouting stuff i cant remember now, 

after that i cried for a good amount of time i couldnt control any of it had to let it happen until it was over

im guessing this is a case of a meltdown

Parents
  • I have never had pills, but I agree with what you are saying. I tend to bottle stuff up at work, with casual aquaintences, with everyone else, and then I go home to my husband, and something happens like the cat throws up and I have to clean it, or he wants to go out together and visit friends and it tips me over the edge and I explode because it's just one more thing that stresses me and I become unable to cope. Sometimes I am really horrible to him but it's like I can't help it. I have to vent my frustration with the world some way, and he just happens to be there when I reach my limit.  

I am trying to learn to actually talk about how I'm feeling and to say when I feel stressed because I've been around people too much or when I'm in a really bad mood for no apparent reason but I find it really difficult. I've taken to trying and diffuse imminant meltdowns by doing housework or re-organising drawers and desks sometimes which does help to calm me down enough to open up and talk about what is actually bothering me. I also crochet which relaxes me, but some of my meltdowns occur when I can't crochet for some reason, like I have go out or do housework! 

• I have never had pills, but I agree with what you are saying. I tend to bottle stuff up at work, with casual aquaintences, with everyone else, and then I go home to my husband, and something happens like the cat throws up and I have to clean it, or he wants to go out together and visit friends and it tips me over the edge and I explode because it's just one more thing that stresses me and I become unable to cope. Sometimes I am really horrible to him but it's like I can't help it. I have to vent my frustration with the world some way, and he just happens to be there when I reach my limit.  

I am trying to learn to actually talk about how I'm feeling and to say when I feel stressed because I've been around people too much or when I'm in a really bad mood for no apparent reason but I find it really difficult. I've taken to trying and diffuse imminant meltdowns by doing housework or re-organising drawers and desks sometimes which does help to calm me down enough to open up and talk about what is actually bothering me. I also crochet which relaxes me, but some of my meltdowns occur when I can't crochet for some reason, like I have go out or do housework! 

Children
No Data