Adult Meltdowns

does any other adults have meltdowns? I had one the other day when i was out during it everything but my dad was blurred i was just screaming and shouting stuff i cant remember now, 

after that i cried for a good amount of time i couldnt control any of it had to let it happen until it was over

im guessing this is a case of a meltdown

Parents
  • Yes I sometimes have a meltdown. The worst ones happen when I am very stressed and when I am alone as I try and work out what is going on in my life or a particular situation. It starts with overwhelming confusion, I don't shout or scream but I make some starnge noises, I pace the house, cry, hit my head and curl up.

When I am in public and I have reached my limit with stress, worry, emtional or sensory overload instead of loosing it outwardly. I shut down which can be just as worrying for those around. I become unresponsive, I look down and stop interacting altogether and stop almost all speech. I have to be left alone for a while.

I am slowly learning to recognise my limits and try and get home before a shutdown or meltdown.

T

• Yes I sometimes have a meltdown. The worst ones happen when I am very stressed and when I am alone as I try and work out what is going on in my life or a particular situation. It starts with overwhelming confusion, I don't shout or scream but I make some starnge noises, I pace the house, cry, hit my head and curl up.

When I am in public and I have reached my limit with stress, worry, emtional or sensory overload instead of loosing it outwardly. I shut down which can be just as worrying for those around. I become unresponsive, I look down and stop interacting altogether and stop almost all speech. I have to be left alone for a while.

I am slowly learning to recognise my limits and try and get home before a shutdown or meltdown.

T

Children
No Data