Adult Meltdowns

does any other adults have meltdowns? I had one the other day when i was out during it everything but my dad was blurred i was just screaming and shouting stuff i cant remember now, 

after that i cried for a good amount of time i couldnt control any of it had to let it happen until it was over

im guessing this is a case of a meltdown

Parents
  • I have meltdowns with people I know well, not strangers. My husband suffers most from it. It was held in check by the medication I took until a few years ago.

If someone I shouldn't yell at upsets me, or if there is a general build up of tension, at home or elsewhere, then sooner or later I start shouting, when I am home. My husband says that I over-react to trivial situations, but it's just that he will be on the end of a backlash that has been building for some time. I usually feel really bad about it later, and try to apologise, but sometimes he is the one that winds me up.

I have been discussing asd with him sometimes lately, and he is beginning to understand that my breaking point arrives sooner than most people. It makes him angry if I "over-react", so now, we have decided to walk away for a cooling off period when either of us is angry with the other. We then sit and talk, some time later, to work out what went wrong. He thinks I am volatile. He also thought that I had changed, but I pointed out that we did row a lot, before I went on meds, so maybe I have just reverted to normal, but am out of practise with coping with it.

I persuaded him to do the asd questionnaire recently, and he scored 26, so maybe he is somewhere on the lower end of the spectrum.

Neither of us want me to take meds again, so hopefully we will learn to deal with it.

• I have meltdowns with people I know well, not strangers. My husband suffers most from it. It was held in check by the medication I took until a few years ago.

If someone I shouldn't yell at upsets me, or if there is a general build up of tension, at home or elsewhere, then sooner or later I start shouting, when I am home. My husband says that I over-react to trivial situations, but it's just that he will be on the end of a backlash that has been building for some time. I usually feel really bad about it later, and try to apologise, but sometimes he is the one that winds me up.

I have been discussing asd with him sometimes lately, and he is beginning to understand that my breaking point arrives sooner than most people. It makes him angry if I "over-react", so now, we have decided to walk away for a cooling off period when either of us is angry with the other. We then sit and talk, some time later, to work out what went wrong. He thinks I am volatile. He also thought that I had changed, but I pointed out that we did row a lot, before I went on meds, so maybe I have just reverted to normal, but am out of practise with coping with it.

I persuaded him to do the asd questionnaire recently, and he scored 26, so maybe he is somewhere on the lower end of the spectrum.

Neither of us want me to take meds again, so hopefully we will learn to deal with it.

Children
No Data