Adult Meltdowns

does any other adults have meltdowns? I had one the other day when i was out during it everything but my dad was blurred i was just screaming and shouting stuff i cant remember now, 

after that i cried for a good amount of time i couldnt control any of it had to let it happen until it was over

im guessing this is a case of a meltdown

Parents
  • DebzD22 said:

does any other adults have meltdowns? I had one the other day when i was out during it everything but my dad was blurred i was just screaming and shouting stuff i cant remember now, 

after that i cried for a good amount of time i couldnt control any of it had to let it happen until it was over

Absolutely!  Although I try to control them as best I can and seem to cope better than I used to.  It tends to happen when I am extremely anxious about something, or if something is upsetting me, then my upset turns into anger which manifests in a meltdown. 

Even non-ASD people can suffer from panic attacks, which are similar although not entirely the same. 

• DebzD22 said:

Absolutely!  Although I try to control them as best I can and seem to cope better than I used to.  It tends to happen when I am extremely anxious about something, or if something is upsetting me, then my upset turns into anger which manifests in a meltdown. 

Even non-ASD people can suffer from panic attacks, which are similar although not entirely the same. 

Children
No Data