In England, are people with an ASD considered disabled and/or vulnerable under English Law?

In England, under English Law (Mental Health Capacity Act, Vunerable Adults Act, Disability Discrimination Act, Equalities Act, Autism Act, etc), are adults with an ASD considered to be disabled, mentally disabled, vulnerable adults, or similar?

And if so, what are the legal rights of such ASD suffers, what are they entitled to that differ from a non-ASD person, so on and so forth, etc? 

(I have Asperger Syndrome and suffer badly from depression, anxiety, paranoia, fear for the future, difficulty coping with change, etc.  So I am wondering whether I am considered as having a disablity, a mental disability, and/or considered a vulnerable adult.)

Parents
  • The existing legislation needs to be examined very carefully by legal experts for any weaknesses and vulnerabilities with a view to improving same and closing any legal loopholes in conjunction with medical experts and others in the autism field - many public and private bodies are probably trying to avoid their legal (if not moral) obligations towards autistic people, of all ages and this is further being used as an excuse to withhold required funding - new laws need to get passed through Parliament to protect and improve the rights and entitlements of autistic people and this should be an ongoing campaign by autism groups - where same is found, this must be challenged in the courts as the basis for legislative changes through Parliament, including but not limited to, being based on case law 

• The existing legislation needs to be examined very carefully by legal experts for any weaknesses and vulnerabilities with a view to improving same and closing any legal loopholes in conjunction with medical experts and others in the autism field - many public and private bodies are probably trying to avoid their legal (if not moral) obligations towards autistic people, of all ages and this is further being used as an excuse to withhold required funding - new laws need to get passed through Parliament to protect and improve the rights and entitlements of autistic people and this should be an ongoing campaign by autism groups - where same is found, this must be challenged in the courts as the basis for legislative changes through Parliament, including but not limited to, being based on case law 

Children
No Data