Dating Agencies for Asperger People

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this but ..

My son is 38 , diagnosed with Aspergers at age 20 .

He has a very limited social life but is so wanting to find a girlfriend and has been joining various well known dating agencies online ( and spending quite a bit of money to do it Frown ) but he is finding it hard to accept that his aspergers may put people off .

I don't want him to feel that he is inferior to other folks , which he isn't , but I really don't think the websites he has been trying are suitable for him . Does anyone know if there are any "asperger friendly" sites that he could look at ?

Parents
  • But that's down to how you present yourself and what you bring to the party.      There's a key for every lock.

Ok the thing is what you just said could be basically summarised as “You might do better if you had better social skills” ... which is exactly my point. Not having good social skills is kind of what autism is about. People have looked at ways of helping autistic people compensate for poor social skills in almost every area of life. Education, work, family relationships, even dealing with the law.

i just happen to think it’s a huge oversight that academically no one has really done much work on compensating for autistic people’s difficulty charming the opposite sex.

• But that's down to how you present yourself and what you bring to the party.      There's a key for every lock.

Ok the thing is what you just said could be basically summarised as “You might do better if you had better social skills” ... which is exactly my point. Not having good social skills is kind of what autism is about. People have looked at ways of helping autistic people compensate for poor social skills in almost every area of life. Education, work, family relationships, even dealing with the law.

i just happen to think it’s a huge oversight that academically no one has really done much work on compensating for autistic people’s difficulty charming the opposite sex.

Children
No Data