Help! Newly diagnosed, age 59. What now?

Hi everyone.  I was diagnosed with ASD and ADHD last week.  This was an online NHS appointment.  Was told they would contact my GP and put some "adjustment letters", presumably for work (I am self employed anyway) on my portal, and send me a copy.  They also recommended some resources I could read and a You Tube blog I could look at (which I tried and found it insanely annoying).  Then that was it!   Is something supposed to happen? 

I have chosen to see a therapist privately, due to the nature of my work, but aside from that I don't know what to do next. 

So what now?  Can someone talk me through it please.  I have tried looking at other You Tube channels, but I am not finding them useful.  They are either too patronising, or incredibly irritating.  Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated - I'm looking for neutral information rather than someone just talking about themselves for 45 minutes!

Parents
  • I was diagnosed at 59 in 2020. The advantages I have found from the diagnosis, apart from validating my autistic identity, are that I now have fewer qualms about using a disabled toilet, and wearing a sunflower lanyard enables you to skip long queues  at some UK airports. I retired a few months before being diagnosed, so never benefitted from any accommodations at work.

• I was diagnosed at 59 in 2020. The advantages I have found from the diagnosis, apart from validating my autistic identity, are that I now have fewer qualms about using a disabled toilet, and wearing a sunflower lanyard enables you to skip long queues  at some UK airports. I retired a few months before being diagnosed, so never benefitted from any accommodations at work.

Children
No Data