Why sm i so angry that i was diagnosed as an adult and not when i was younger

i was diagnosed at 29 with autism, i have reached the anger stage of acceptance, i am not sure why i am so angry i think it is because if i was diagnosed earlier i may of received the help i needed at school and people would of treated me differently instead of bullying me, i went my whole life being bullied for being different, i also have fibromyalgia now so that doesn't help, i struggle to make friends i just keep myself to myself and do my work, does anyone have any advice, how did you feel when you were diagnosed later on in life. 

Parents
  • At age 54 now, the fact that I was never diagnosed until later in life with autism until 2021, not in my childhood in the 1970’s or my teens in the 1980’s, is to me a moral and ethical issue - and many of us are beginning to realise since Covid that our governments, public health bodies, healthcare professionals and others have all let us down, have failed in their ethical and moral obligations to us in our childhoods and have raised serious moral questions about medical ethics regardless of the culture of the time, regardless of the underpinning religious beliefs - it perhaps also explains why there is so much focus on children’s autism and why there appears to be an effort to do better for future generations, however this effort must go much further and current attitudes and mindsets must continue to be robustly challenged at every level, as leaving people behind is not acceptable, and is gravely immoral - whether we like it or not, we are all subject to the moral law 

• At age 54 now, the fact that I was never diagnosed until later in life with autism until 2021, not in my childhood in the 1970’s or my teens in the 1980’s, is to me a moral and ethical issue - and many of us are beginning to realise since Covid that our governments, public health bodies, healthcare professionals and others have all let us down, have failed in their ethical and moral obligations to us in our childhoods and have raised serious moral questions about medical ethics regardless of the culture of the time, regardless of the underpinning religious beliefs - it perhaps also explains why there is so much focus on children’s autism and why there appears to be an effort to do better for future generations, however this effort must go much further and current attitudes and mindsets must continue to be robustly challenged at every level, as leaving people behind is not acceptable, and is gravely immoral - whether we like it or not, we are all subject to the moral law 

Children
  • Was autism recognised when you were a child? Was it thought to be only the most extreme cases that were recognised, you're not that much younger than me. How can you be treated for something that no one knew existed?

I'm not sure about the '..moral law' or the 'underpining religious beliefs' are that you speak of, I'm guessing it from your Catholic faith, perhaps you could explain the intersection between recognition and care for ASC and morality, particularly in a Catholic context in more detail?