Why sm i so angry that i was diagnosed as an adult and not when i was younger

i was diagnosed at 29 with autism, i have reached the anger stage of acceptance, i am not sure why i am so angry i think it is because if i was diagnosed earlier i may of received the help i needed at school and people would of treated me differently instead of bullying me, i went my whole life being bullied for being different, i also have fibromyalgia now so that doesn't help, i struggle to make friends i just keep myself to myself and do my work, does anyone have any advice, how did you feel when you were diagnosed later on in life. 

Parents
  • I should add that therapy is often recommended after a diagnosis (it might be listed as a suggested action for your GP in your report, as it was in mine), and could be useful in respect of processing your feelings.

You might find it helpful to borrow or buy this book, which includes discussion of various types of therapy and counselling, together with advice on choosing the right therapist or counsellor - all from an autistic person's viewpoint. Several of us here have found it very helpful, myself included:

The Autistic Survival Guide to Therapy

In my case, based on the book and my past experience with CBT (which didn't work for me), I'm currently having post-diagnosis counselling with a neurodivergent counsellor.

• I should add that therapy is often recommended after a diagnosis (it might be listed as a suggested action for your GP in your report, as it was in mine), and could be useful in respect of processing your feelings.

You might find it helpful to borrow or buy this book, which includes discussion of various types of therapy and counselling, together with advice on choosing the right therapist or counsellor - all from an autistic person's viewpoint. Several of us here have found it very helpful, myself included:

The Autistic Survival Guide to Therapy

In my case, based on the book and my past experience with CBT (which didn't work for me), I'm currently having post-diagnosis counselling with a neurodivergent counsellor.

Children
No Data