When seeking a diagnosis is it essential to have input from someone who knew me in childhood?

Thanks to everyone who responded to my previous question. I got looks of helpful answers.

My next question is about having an assessment. 

I have read that assessments ask for information from someone who knew me when I was a child. My problem is that I can't think of anyone who I could ask to do this. There are reasons why I don't not think either of my parents would be suitable options.

Is it a necessary part of an assessment for diagnosis to have information from someone who knew me in childhood? Is it even worth bothering asking my GP about seeking diagnosis if I know that when they ask me about this I already know there is no one to ask?

Parents
  • I Hope it will not being asked of me if I get to the point of having assessment. I could use only my husband who knows me only 6 years, my parents or siblings - absolutely not. In fact they often tell me that I live in my own world, that I’m do funny because I understand everything or at least most of things literally and how awkward I am how a loner I a as m without friends etc. but my mom was told by my teachers in primary school that I’m most probably autistic and she should have had me assessed. She denied the idea of having a “defective” daughter and ignored my teachers, my problems, my meltdowns etc. so she is the last person who I would have ever asked for involvement in my assessment. My both father and step father were abusive and toxic, so also no. There is one more problem- even if I have found anyone in my family who knew me in my childhood and would be willing to help me, I would have needed a translator because I’m living abroad’s. 
    but as far as I know the involvement of a family member is not necessary. Maybe I’m wrong or maybe the procedure varies in different countries. And if I ever get the diagnosis, I will announce it here in the forum and will share my feelings and thoughts around it. But my family will never know about it. They just broke my trust enough. 

• I Hope it will not being asked of me if I get to the point of having assessment. I could use only my husband who knows me only 6 years, my parents or siblings - absolutely not. In fact they often tell me that I live in my own world, that I’m do funny because I understand everything or at least most of things literally and how awkward I am how a loner I a as m without friends etc. but my mom was told by my teachers in primary school that I’m most probably autistic and she should have had me assessed. She denied the idea of having a “defective” daughter and ignored my teachers, my problems, my meltdowns etc. so she is the last person who I would have ever asked for involvement in my assessment. My both father and step father were abusive and toxic, so also no. There is one more problem- even if I have found anyone in my family who knew me in my childhood and would be willing to help me, I would have needed a translator because I’m living abroad’s. 
    but as far as I know the involvement of a family member is not necessary. Maybe I’m wrong or maybe the procedure varies in different countries. And if I ever get the diagnosis, I will announce it here in the forum and will share my feelings and thoughts around it. But my family will never know about it. They just broke my trust enough. 

Children
No Data