Why do people treat me like rubbish?

Im sick of being treated like rubbish by others. It's seems like a repeating pattern throughout my life. Surely I'm not that bad of a person so why do people look down on me and treat me badly. Everyone looks down their nose at me or underestimates me. I'm always being patronised or condescened down too. I always try not to come across as a soft touch but I suppose certain people see through that facade. I have put great effort into not being seen as approachable so people wouldnt take advantage but people can sense that I'm not that confident. Just wondering it others have the same issue?

Parents
  • Because you don't speak much and you're different.

Yes I have the same issue, and that's the best explanation I can come up with to explain it. I don't know what it is that's different about about me, or you, I don't even notice any difference between me and everyone else; so my answer is pretty useless to either of us though.

• Because you don't speak much and you're different.

Yes I have the same issue, and that's the best explanation I can come up with to explain it. I don't know what it is that's different about about me, or you, I don't even notice any difference between me and everyone else; so my answer is pretty useless to either of us though.

Children
  • I wish it was because I'm different, but I dont think thats the answer. That would be the easiest simple explanation but I dont think thats the case. Other people with similiar issues to me have also treated badly for no reason, and you would think people who are similar to me would know better. I have a chip on my shoulder due to certain events that have happened to me. Are you like that?