Panic Flying

I've just arrived home from a short holiday to Portugal. I've not been on holiday for nearly 10 years so I have been in a near panic attack state for about a month.

Proud I did it, but my god was it hard to make myself live through the flights each way. I find being in confined spaces, with loads of strangers, limited toilet access, and random goings on, really anxiety inducing.

Id love to open up more and be able to travel, for my family as much as myself.

Anyone else feel the same about flying? How do you manage it?

Parents
  • Panic flying!

Is that when you depart for a quick spin around the circuit of an aerodrome 45 miles away form yoru house in your own tiny little open cockpit aeroplane and as you achieve take off speed your airspeed indicator does odd things, and you realise that due to the ADD component of your makeup, you forgot to fit the bloody pitot tube and now have no reliable alitimeter or airspeed indicator...

How is one to land an aeroplane (that you only have about 2 or 3 previous flights in, without these essential instruments? You have no previous experience as such to draw on in order to do a "seat of your pants" landing..

BTW, am I the only qualified pilot in this Community?

It's a boring story otherwise, after all, I'm here telling it... (AND the aeroplane was reuseable too, it was a "great" landing!)

• Panic flying!

Is that when you depart for a quick spin around the circuit of an aerodrome 45 miles away form yoru house in your own tiny little open cockpit aeroplane and as you achieve take off speed your airspeed indicator does odd things, and you realise that due to the ADD component of your makeup, you forgot to fit the bloody pitot tube and now have no reliable alitimeter or airspeed indicator...

How is one to land an aeroplane (that you only have about 2 or 3 previous flights in, without these essential instruments? You have no previous experience as such to draw on in order to do a "seat of your pants" landing..

BTW, am I the only qualified pilot in this Community?

It's a boring story otherwise, after all, I'm here telling it... (AND the aeroplane was reuseable too, it was a "great" landing!)

Children
No Data