Panic Flying

I've just arrived home from a short holiday to Portugal. I've not been on holiday for nearly 10 years so I have been in a near panic attack state for about a month.

Proud I did it, but my god was it hard to make myself live through the flights each way. I find being in confined spaces, with loads of strangers, limited toilet access, and random goings on, really anxiety inducing.

Id love to open up more and be able to travel, for my family as much as myself.

Anyone else feel the same about flying? How do you manage it?

Parents
  • I grew up as a "military service brat" and am quite accustomed to flying. Having said this, I don't particularly enjoy small talk with strangers or having to sit in close prximity to people whiom I don't know. My way of dealing wiht this problem has been to always make sure that I have a lot of reading material with me. Reading has always been an escape from reality for me. 

As I have gotten older and more affluent than I once was, I also tend to fly business class or first class. The seats and amenities are better particularly if I'm not flying on an American carrier which for reasons unknown, tend to have inferior service as compared to British Airways or KLM.

• I grew up as a "military service brat" and am quite accustomed to flying. Having said this, I don't particularly enjoy small talk with strangers or having to sit in close prximity to people whiom I don't know. My way of dealing wiht this problem has been to always make sure that I have a lot of reading material with me. Reading has always been an escape from reality for me. 

As I have gotten older and more affluent than I once was, I also tend to fly business class or first class. The seats and amenities are better particularly if I'm not flying on an American carrier which for reasons unknown, tend to have inferior service as compared to British Airways or KLM.

Children
No Data