How do I even know what my mask looks like?

I got diagnosed with autism at the age of 38 at the beginning of this year. And at 39 for ADHD a few days back. I am assuming I have been masking which is why no one has ever even considered the possibility I might be autistic / adhd in my late 30s. And if I have been masking, how do I know when I'm masking and what's real?

Parents
  • Hi Ruby

I have not mastered the art of not caring enough to lose my mask in public but I am trying. I work on my own pretty much every day which I guess means I’m not masking and I’m grateful for that. I worked with someone else today who I know and who I like, we were at a customers house who I know but there has been too much talking (pretty much continuous). I have been yawning literally all day and all the way home. This is how I know if I have been masking. I am so exhausted compared to my usual work days. I do really sympathise with individuals who are employed and have to deal with constant interaction on a daily basis, I think any of you that manage this deserves a medal. 

• Hi Ruby

I have not mastered the art of not caring enough to lose my mask in public but I am trying. I work on my own pretty much every day which I guess means I’m not masking and I’m grateful for that. I worked with someone else today who I know and who I like, we were at a customers house who I know but there has been too much talking (pretty much continuous). I have been yawning literally all day and all the way home. This is how I know if I have been masking. I am so exhausted compared to my usual work days. I do really sympathise with individuals who are employed and have to deal with constant interaction on a daily basis, I think any of you that manage this deserves a medal. 

Children
No Data