Time and appointments.

Does anyone else have a problem with people making appointments or promising to make contact at a certain time and then not doing so?

I’m dealing with a solicitor at the moment, promises of contact by a certain date and time are never met, it puts me into a total tailspin. I was promised documents by 12pm at the latest yesterday. I sat by the computer from 9am for the whole day and nothing, my wife emailed in her lunch hour for at least an update but nothing. She left it until 4.50 and then rang the company to be told the person was in a meeting and they close shortly. My wife is at a delicate age and can become angry very quickly, she let them have both barrels. I hid in the bedroom, I looked around, my 23 year old son had joined me and also the dog.

This is only one occasion, this has been happening throughout the process, we would go to another company but the 4 month process would start again. It should have been a two month process.

I find with any appointment that it must happen when it was supposed to. In my opinion, apart from death, an appointment is set in stone. The anxiety of waiting for contact is bad enough, for it then not to happen is something I just can’t comprehend. Sorry starting to rant now as still waiting for documents.

Parents
  • I think it's very rude to not be on time, there might be a reason like a car broken down in front of you or something, but in these days of mobile phones it's hard not to call or text to say you'll be late and is this OK? I think it's really bad when its people we're paying, like solicitors, they must know how stressful these situations are, why can' tthey call and say there's no news?

My other bugbear about time keeping, is when people assume that my time is less important than theirs and that it's OK to keep me waiting, but if I were late for them there would be consequences, like having to back to the start of the queue, or having to make an appointment another day.

• I think it's very rude to not be on time, there might be a reason like a car broken down in front of you or something, but in these days of mobile phones it's hard not to call or text to say you'll be late and is this OK? I think it's really bad when its people we're paying, like solicitors, they must know how stressful these situations are, why can' tthey call and say there's no news?

My other bugbear about time keeping, is when people assume that my time is less important than theirs and that it's OK to keep me waiting, but if I were late for them there would be consequences, like having to back to the start of the queue, or having to make an appointment another day.

Children
No Data