Advice for adult relationships?

Not yet diagnosed, but on the waiting list.

Currently struggling with just ‘coasting’ in my relationship of 4 years and wondering if it’s an autistic trait and if so, are there any management techniques?

I can't come to a decision about the future, even though I love my partner, and they're struggling with the lack of commitment.

Are there any other common issues in relationships to look out for (this is my first serious one) and management strategies for these?

Parents
  • I wish I could offer advice but at 63 years of age, I am a committed bachelor and have long since given up dating as a long cause, partially because I have found this to be an exercise in frustration but also because I am a terrible judge of character and have found myself repeatedly taken advantage of.

Have you gone through counseling? If you love your partner, why do you have issues with commitment? Are you taking your partner for granted? Have you shared your thoughts with this person? It often helps to talk things out. 

• I wish I could offer advice but at 63 years of age, I am a committed bachelor and have long since given up dating as a long cause, partially because I have found this to be an exercise in frustration but also because I am a terrible judge of character and have found myself repeatedly taken advantage of.

Have you gone through counseling? If you love your partner, why do you have issues with commitment? Are you taking your partner for granted? Have you shared your thoughts with this person? It often helps to talk things out. 

Children
No Data