I’m so unhappy in my job

I’m autistic and 43 YOand after a burnout 6 months ago, I’m back in the role that I have been in for 18 years. Since the burnout I have been unable to mask, but I’m also finding that I am struggling to do the actual job which is working with data at a senior level. Everything that made sense before doesn’t make sense. Numbers are jumbled, words are hard to comprehend. It feels like I can no longer do the job or even want to. All adaptions are in place, I’m just not happy there anymore. I have no idea where to even start looking for another job. Who’s going to want me now. Sorry my words aren’t very articulate tonight. 

Parents
  • I get you. I am in a similar situation although slightly different. My manager will not accommodate my needs and is using this as an excuse to get rid of me. I am on my 4th 3month 'placement'. Unions and HR are arguing over what I am entitled to via redeployment.

I have been in my field for over 30 years, what do I do now? The other roles within my organisation I know nothing about and I am terrified of what will I do.

My imposter syndrome is going full speed, I struggle to sleep and feel on the edge of another burnout. I am in my fifties and feel that I do not have the energy to retrain. I am so tired of everything and all I do is constantly worry. How much more I can take I'm not sure. 

• I get you. I am in a similar situation although slightly different. My manager will not accommodate my needs and is using this as an excuse to get rid of me. I am on my 4th 3month 'placement'. Unions and HR are arguing over what I am entitled to via redeployment.

I have been in my field for over 30 years, what do I do now? The other roles within my organisation I know nothing about and I am terrified of what will I do.

My imposter syndrome is going full speed, I struggle to sleep and feel on the edge of another burnout. I am in my fifties and feel that I do not have the energy to retrain. I am so tired of everything and all I do is constantly worry. How much more I can take I'm not sure. 

Children
No Data