Do you think it is possible to change my special interest?

I know that special interests can change over time, but do you think it's possible to choose to change your special interest? Current special interest causing a lot of pain :-(

Parents
  • I am in-between special interests at the moment and feel a bit lost. I am trying to not make it making collage art (the urge to create it is growing in me) I have had art as my special interest on and off for years. I accumulate so many finished artworks that last time I chucked it all at the dump. I am making one to give to my mum but will stop there.

Anyway I feel lost, I need a special interest obsession to lose myself in. I love natural raw materials. I really want to go mining for crystals or something like that. Obviously I can't.  I suppose watching others doing it on utube might be a substitute. 

• I am in-between special interests at the moment and feel a bit lost. I am trying to not make it making collage art (the urge to create it is growing in me) I have had art as my special interest on and off for years. I accumulate so many finished artworks that last time I chucked it all at the dump. I am making one to give to my mum but will stop there.

Anyway I feel lost, I need a special interest obsession to lose myself in. I love natural raw materials. I really want to go mining for crystals or something like that. Obviously I can't.  I suppose watching others doing it on utube might be a substitute. 

Children
  • I accumulate so many finished artworks that last time I chucked it all at the dump.

Could you continue, but sell what you make instead of keeping and storing it? 

For example, on Etsy?

https://www.etsy.com/uk/c/art-and-collectibles?ref=catnav-66

"Etsy is the global marketplace for unique and creative goods. It’s home to a universe of special, extraordinary items, from unique handcrafted pieces to vintage treasures."

• Just a suggestion , but it seems a shame not to pursue some sort of art because of the volume of results. Could you learn how to do some kind of computer art? Computer files don't take up physical space. Thinking of all the special effect backgrounds in films, title sequences, or even concept art before the film is made - these are often drawn on a computer using Illustrator or a free version.