I discovered that I don't have something to live for..

When people talk about emotions, I express my opinion logically, but they respond by saying I'm an exception, that I'm different. I’ve realized that while everyone seems to have something to live for, I don’t. My mother only urges me to work, but I don’t have the money to enjoy life. I wake up just to work, and sleep only to wake up for work again. I don’t love anyone; I feel completely empty..

How can i fix it? 

Parents
  • It sounds like you need to explore new perspectives. I've been mulling over this idea that, rather than there being a meaning to life, life is what gives meaning to everyone else. And nothing in this world is better at giving meaning to things than we humans. I live outside an abandoned football pitch that has been slowly returning to nature. Watching young trees creep into view from my window has been quite pleasant for me. It gives me a feeling of continuity in the world.

If you feel like you don't have something to live for, then you should seek to find something that has meaning to you. It doesn't need to have emotional content to it. It just needs to be something that gives you a positive thought or feeling.

Reply Children
No Data