How do you ask a woman out on a date?

Let's say I know this woman who works at a local supermarket, she smiled at me and said she liked my coat. I believe that's flirting, correct? How do I ask her out on a date?

Parents
  • Yes, I agree that there is a very good possibility that it could be 'flirting'. But unfortunately the world is getting more dangerous for men to respond 'in like fashion' and flirting back, even if all the signs seems to point that way. I know at railway stations there are posters saying that men could be apprehended by the police for even looking at a woman the wrong way and causing her to feel discomfort. So even more reason why I keep my head low and maybe try to catch an eye if I'm feeling foolhardy enough.

But with the example given, I'd reiterate what's been shared on here. Exchange like for like: 'nice coat, nice hair'. That sounds good. If she's interested she'll probably try to make small talk so persevere. One step at a time. Good luck! Blush

• Yes, I agree that there is a very good possibility that it could be 'flirting'. But unfortunately the world is getting more dangerous for men to respond 'in like fashion' and flirting back, even if all the signs seems to point that way. I know at railway stations there are posters saying that men could be apprehended by the police for even looking at a woman the wrong way and causing her to feel discomfort. So even more reason why I keep my head low and maybe try to catch an eye if I'm feeling foolhardy enough.

But with the example given, I'd reiterate what's been shared on here. Exchange like for like: 'nice coat, nice hair'. That sounds good. If she's interested she'll probably try to make small talk so persevere. One step at a time. Good luck! Blush

Children