Feeling stuck in a rut

Ever feel like a job is the best you will get in life?

I want a career so I can get a house rather than being stuck in the rental market and not having a place that's truly mine

I want to be able to say one day I can retire off money I have saved 

The reasons I work are basically so I can have money 

I feel like such an outcast because everyone says work is something to so and they would feel lost just sat at home but for me I'd love a world where i had enough money that I'd saved up from work to be able to stay at home 

I work simply as a necessity bit every one else seems to work because it gives them purpose to me work feels like a loop and without a career that's all it will be 

My only real jobs are retail cleaning and I did 1 month teaching guitar to pretty much 1 person and that didn't get far 

I'd love to do reselling but tbh I did alot of research on it and all the YouTube stuff that says you can do it as a full time job seem like bs it's either you will struggle alot for money at times or you need a big warehouse tonbe able to make profit and that seems way out of my comfort zone 

I dont ever want a management or team leader role of any kind and I did look up work from home but again seems like most work from home are either hugely skilled jobs or basically scams 

Do i just keep accepting I will have to do shift work or is there a way to feel like I can get a career that relieves the stress of work and stuff 

I dunno it's hard to explain what I want but i need more time at home but at the same time i need good money and a way to have decent savings without missing out on life 

Parents
  • I have worked for over 30 years in a career that is science based. I used to live and breathe my job as it was an interest. Now after diagnosis and disclosure the door has been slammed firmly shut on my job. I now find myself wondering about what to do, how will I cope etc. It is constant, I am so so tired and feel I have no purpose in life.

• I have worked for over 30 years in a career that is science based. I used to live and breathe my job as it was an interest. Now after diagnosis and disclosure the door has been slammed firmly shut on my job. I now find myself wondering about what to do, how will I cope etc. It is constant, I am so so tired and feel I have no purpose in life.

Children
  • Some of the best minds in the science world are autistic or have other disabilities it's even widely speculated einstiren had asd 

You will find a way it may just take time 

The only job I can see I could ever live and vreath would be working in performing arts perhaps backstage as I get older I hate being centering stage I often wonder if my asd devolved more so in the past 10 years and that's why u only see the child good signs of it now as they were few and far between