Can anyone help me think of job options?

I'm just after a session with my therapist, where I decided that the most important goal for myself is finding a career. But I've always been stumped on the matter because I don't know what I would be good at. Obviously something with consistency and minimal social interaction. Personally I like creative writing, not in any particular medium. I understand that STEM jobs are a natural fit, though I have a background in none of those things. My therapist has tasked me with making a list of jobs I could see myself doing, but I really don't have many ideas.

I went to college to study higher english, psychology and sociology, and got passing grades. I'm almost 32, and trying to take my education further with something like university would cost me the benefits that I live by. I want to be self sufficient, but can't afford to be without them for the years it would take to complete university. I could try to learn technical skills on my own time, but for now I need more practical options. I'm also overweight and unfit, so no one's likely to want me for a physical job unless they're that desperate.

But really, right now the only step that matters is putting together a list of jobs that I could do. I can come up with fiction writing and game development, since I have RPG Maker on Steam and could try being an indie developer. Thinking beyond that is when I start drawing blanks though. So, does anyone have any suggestions? I'm open to learning new skills, I just want to have options so I can figure out how best to set myself up for success.

Parents
  • I hate it when people set me goals like this, not only do I genuinely not know what I want to do, or could do, but I'm not goal orrientated at all. When someone asks me that sort of question I feel like I've run into an invisible wall and am to stunned to think as I teeter on the edge of a black hole.

• I once worked in a supermarket that had daily goals like our this much stock out recycle this much stuff it wasn't for me it felt like goals for the sake of goals it wasn't meaningfull

Reply Children
No Data