Unsure about the next steps

I have recently been referred to the adult autism team by my GP regarding getting tested for autism. I am very unfamiliar with all of this and lack a lot of people in my life who have experience with this as well. I am very anxious to see where the process takes me as my GP office was unable to give me a lot of detail about the process and what to expect.

Im unsure of how long it will take to have someone contact me and what the next steps are from there

Parents
  • Part 2:

Waiting times for assessments vary by NHS trust, but are typically years rather than months. If you're in England and would prefer a shorter waiting time, then you might prefer to ask your GP to re-refer you to an NHS-approved private provider via Right to Choose (RTC):

NAS - What is Right to Choose

This website (among others) offers a list of RTC providers for autism assessments:

ADHD and ASD assessment – Right To Choose

PS. Apologies for having split my reply into two parts; due to the number of links, it would otherwise likely have been placed in quarantine by the forum's spam filters!

• Part 2:

Waiting times for assessments vary by NHS trust, but are typically years rather than months. If you're in England and would prefer a shorter waiting time, then you might prefer to ask your GP to re-refer you to an NHS-approved private provider via Right to Choose (RTC):

NAS - What is Right to Choose

This website (among others) offers a list of RTC providers for autism assessments:

ADHD and ASD assessment – Right To Choose

PS. Apologies for having split my reply into two parts; due to the number of links, it would otherwise likely have been placed in quarantine by the forum's spam filters!

Children
No Data