Moving forward

As my family is spending more time apart and will one day part ways, the natural thing to do is to form new connections.

I want to do it right, but I never had any education in the matter so I must fumble my way through while dealing with masking, communication barriers and my personality defects.

But dating apps turned out to be disappointing and risky, so that leaves me the real world and having to make the first move or be more receptive to those who engage me.

Parents
  • Yes....I think you are right.....but perhaps (in my honest opinion).....this is best achieved in a relaxed and non-pressurised way.

Everything (and everyone) seems very intent on now/now/now these days.....which is fine for short-term objectives, but definitely not ideal for longer-term contentment (again, in my opinion.)

When I was feeling desperate (and dare I say it - desolate,) I simply compounded my agony and misdeeds, due to a sense of urgency and intensity.  At that time, I was not aware that this tendency was a feature of something that we all here share - ie being auty.

When I met people with whom I felt connected, I had a zero-to-100% attitude towards them.  This is not a route to success, with the VAT VAST majority of genuine connections - in my experience.  My intensity can scare off, most people, even if they would perhaps, grant me the benefit of doubt.....it I could have allowed it to be so.

Look for gentle and gradual improvement to your mood and connectivity.  This is what worked reliably for me.  Moreover, it was with the LEAST likely entities that I ultimately found the rewarding "connections" coming to fruition (and this was perhaps because I wasn't trying too hard with them)......relationships grew organically, and calmly.....and they have lasted.

This has been my experience, and therefore I offer it to you, fwiw.

With warmth.

• Yes....I think you are right.....but perhaps (in my honest opinion).....this is best achieved in a relaxed and non-pressurised way.

Everything (and everyone) seems very intent on now/now/now these days.....which is fine for short-term objectives, but definitely not ideal for longer-term contentment (again, in my opinion.)

When I was feeling desperate (and dare I say it - desolate,) I simply compounded my agony and misdeeds, due to a sense of urgency and intensity.  At that time, I was not aware that this tendency was a feature of something that we all here share - ie being auty.

When I met people with whom I felt connected, I had a zero-to-100% attitude towards them.  This is not a route to success, with the VAT VAST majority of genuine connections - in my experience.  My intensity can scare off, most people, even if they would perhaps, grant me the benefit of doubt.....it I could have allowed it to be so.

Look for gentle and gradual improvement to your mood and connectivity.  This is what worked reliably for me.  Moreover, it was with the LEAST likely entities that I ultimately found the rewarding "connections" coming to fruition (and this was perhaps because I wasn't trying too hard with them)......relationships grew organically, and calmly.....and they have lasted.

This has been my experience, and therefore I offer it to you, fwiw.

With warmth.

Children
No Data