Hello :)

Hi all,

After a long time away from the forum, I'm tentatively back to see what's happening and who's around here at the moment. I had some problems with my account that meant I couldn't log in for a while, and around the same time things were happening on the forum that really clashed with my values and identity. This is a new account, (I used to be Sphynx with a y) so if you know me from before and would like to connect, I'm really sorry if I've missed messages, would be lovely to hear from you now. Also looking to make more autistic friends. I've almost completed my initial training as a person-centred therapist, and I care very deeply about nature and social justice. I really love language (words, etymology, names) and mythology, (especially Greek and Celtic, but always excited to learn more!) I write music and sometimes words as well. If any of this resonates or sparks your curiosity, let me know below! 

Parents
  • Hi Sphinx - is there a music upload service that is accessible? Youtube?

My problem is that my burnout has affected my music, and I haven't done any for a long time. I am going to try to start forcing myself for an hour a week to see if I can jump-start my interest again. My older software does not work anymore and I am a bit overwhelmed by my newer software. I don't have the co-ordination to be able to play any instrument in any way that is listenable to another person - ha ha ha (do emojis work for you?). But I could pick out a tune on a keyboard and store in a sequencer, fix the timing and build up a track that way.

I am very keen to hear about how you produce music, and would love to hear something if that is possible.

• Hi Sphinx - is there a music upload service that is accessible? Youtube?

My problem is that my burnout has affected my music, and I haven't done any for a long time. I am going to try to start forcing myself for an hour a week to see if I can jump-start my interest again. My older software does not work anymore and I am a bit overwhelmed by my newer software. I don't have the co-ordination to be able to play any instrument in any way that is listenable to another person - ha ha ha (do emojis work for you?). But I could pick out a tune on a keyboard and store in a sequencer, fix the timing and build up a track that way.

I am very keen to hear about how you produce music, and would love to hear something if that is possible.

Children
  • Hi Mark, sorry for my slow responses. Yes, emojis do work, and YouTube is good - thank you again for your thoughtfulness Relaxed

I would love to read the book you mentioned, I will add it to my mental list! I find people often dismiss my autisticness because of my blindness so it would be really helpful to learn about someone else's similar ly intersectional experiences. 

As you said in your post, it's hard for me to share music on here anonymously too, but maybe at some point when we connect privately I can send you some links Relaxed️