Is it ok to have preferences?

I am not attracted to the people local to my area, they seem uninteresting.

Yesterday I went to my local supermarket and saw a young lady working there, she was tall, slim with lovely brown hair and, helping an elderly customer, spoke with an accent that was perhaps American or Canadian, I don't know.

I also like the idols I see in music videos and entertainment videos they feature in showing their talent, personality and unique looks.

Once in a while I spot a girl wearing a pretty outfit that catches my eye.

To me they are a breath of fresh air compared to the local people who I find not interesting and run of the mill, no offence intended.

Regarding the title I often prefer women with black or brown hair and brown eyes with a slim or average build not covered in tattoos like most people in my town.  I value personality most of all.

Sorry for rambling I am battling heartburn right now and can't sleep.

Parents
  • The whole thrust of our modern society is that it is O.K. to have pretty much any kind of "preference".

Except when it isn't! 

Women and Men are often subjected to a "rating system" being allocated a number between 1 and 10. 

Knowing your own "number" is perhaps the hardest thing for us Autistics to manage. 

A decision to just chase the number 10's is never going to work if you are a 2.5 as I found out the hard way when I was younger. 

Winning one, is also worse than losing one, if you are not of a suitable number yourself, has been my experience. 

• The whole thrust of our modern society is that it is O.K. to have pretty much any kind of "preference".

Except when it isn't! 

Women and Men are often subjected to a "rating system" being allocated a number between 1 and 10. 

Knowing your own "number" is perhaps the hardest thing for us Autistics to manage. 

A decision to just chase the number 10's is never going to work if you are a 2.5 as I found out the hard way when I was younger. 

Winning one, is also worse than losing one, if you are not of a suitable number yourself, has been my experience. 

Children
No Data