How clumsy are you?

I know that we can be prone to being clumsy (and why, and that I definitely am), but can still find it upsetting. 

Since my diagnosis, I've found it easier to just acknowledge - or even to smile or laugh about - the smaller examples. But my unending stream of clumsiness, together with the hassle of the bigger examples, still gets to me.

It started innocuously enough today: I somehow dropped my teabag on the kitchen floor, between taking it out of the caddy and putting it into my cup. One moment it was right there, between my thumb and fingers, and I was looking right at it. The next it was on the floor. I've no idea how.

Two hours later, one that I couldn't smile about: I was sitting in the living room, had a first sip from a cup of coffee, and then - in the process of putting it back on the side table - somehow knocked it over and spilled it all over the floor (including down the table, under the table, under the sofa, etc).

I thought it might be interesting or maybe even therapeutic to share some of our clumsiness incidents.

So, if you feel like sharing, how clumsy are you? And what are some examples - whether recent or old?

(Very importantly, I don't mean to be tone deaf with this thread in respect of those of us who routinely have more severe difficulties. I'm thinking about the situations that we think we've got covered, until it turns out that we haven't).

Parents
  • I just opened an Amazon box holdiung a 24 pack of Lipton Ice Tea. The box ripped as I was picking it up and I nearly smashed my foot on it. I'm just glad it wasn't the other box with the 7up in it.

I find that when I try to do mundane tasks like simple cooking, I tend to make the same mistakes each time. The omelette will break in half, or my sauces come out all tasting the same because that extra thing it needed was the same extra thing I end up thinking every dish needs. Usually more garlic, pepper and tomato puree.

And I swear if I drop my PC mouse one more time...

• I just opened an Amazon box holdiung a 24 pack of Lipton Ice Tea. The box ripped as I was picking it up and I nearly smashed my foot on it. I'm just glad it wasn't the other box with the 7up in it.

I find that when I try to do mundane tasks like simple cooking, I tend to make the same mistakes each time. The omelette will break in half, or my sauces come out all tasting the same because that extra thing it needed was the same extra thing I end up thinking every dish needs. Usually more garlic, pepper and tomato puree.

And I swear if I drop my PC mouse one more time...

Children
No Data